DreamFoam Ultimate Dreams Gel Ratings
- Motion Isolation
The DreamFoam Ultimate Dreams is a good mattress thanks to its innovative gel-infused memory foam combined with other high quality materials.
- Made in the USA
- Same premium foam as Tempur
- We like the price - discounted at just Out of stock!
- A few reviewers say it isn't firm enough
- Return policy less accommodating than others
Full DreamFoam Ultimate Dreams 13-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Review
- 1 What type of support does the Ultimate Dreams 13-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress use?
- 2 Does Gel Memory Make the Mattress too Soft?
- 3 Since this mattress does not use a spring support, how well is it suited for people with back pain?
- 4 Will this Mattress Fit into My Room?
- 5 How Good is the Recovery Rate of the Mattress?
- 6 Does the Mattress Smell when New?
- 7 Does it Need a Mattress Topper?
- 8 Does the DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams 13-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Come With a Warranty?
- 9 How is the Return Policy?
- 10 Given that It’s a Luxury Mattress, how Expensive is It?
- 11 DreamFoam Ultimate Dreams Gel Mattress Review – Our Verdict
- 12 Official Video
Whether you enjoy sleeping on your back, side or torso you’re likely to feel right at home with this bed. But what really makes this mattress unique from the other premium brands?
Well, Let’s a look at some of the questions that most potential buyers have.
What type of support does the Ultimate Dreams 13-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress use?
- The first layer is an 8-inch high-density foam base. The base is crafted to allow a full, well-balanced body support. This means that the mattress could be placed even on a hard floor surface and still feel posh and comfortable. You don’t need a special bed for this mattress.
- The second layer is a 2-inch 5lb memory foam. Incorporated to accommodate the sleeper’s ergonomic shape. It’s kinda like a spring suspension that sinks in to take in your shape. It adds to the overall luxurious feeling that comes with sleeping on a queen-sized mattress.
- The last layer is a 3-inch 4lb gel memory. It can be thought of as the icing on this cake. Thanks to this last layer, your body’s temperature is kept at an optimum range (without overheating) making it easier to enjoy a deep, relaxing sleep.
- On top of everything is a luxurious knitted cover which elegantly keeps everything in its place.
All in all, the combination of the above three layers results into a perfectly finished mattress, that easily conforms to anyone’s weight or physique.
Does Gel Memory Make the Mattress too Soft?
No, it doesn’t. The Dreams uses gel foam instead of the traditional polyethylene. But this does not make this mattress any less firm than it’s supposed to be. In fact, as outlined above, the gel memory foam makes it even more comfortable to sleep on.
The gel memory has a way of dissipating heat away from the body making it easier for one to catch some sleep.
The only problem with this mattress, as far as comfort goes, is that it will make it hard for you to get out of bed in the morning!
Since this mattress does not use a spring support, how well is it suited for people with back pain?
Since it isn’t a spring mattress, this upholstery is likely to last longer than your conventional spring loaded one. The double layer of 10lbs of memory packed here is done to purposely give a better overall cushioning, especially around pressure points.
This further means that sleeping on this piece with lower back pain will probably help improve the condition. The mattress allows you to ‘sink’ in and just before it starts to feel weirdly awkward, the firm support base kicks in.
Will this Mattress Fit into My Room?
The sizes are standard, with the Queen size measuring 80″ by 40″ by 13″. Just ensure any doors and passageways can accommodate these measures and there won’t be any problems.
How Good is the Recovery Rate of the Mattress?
The recovery rate is the average time the mattress takes to regain its shape after depressing it a little. As mentioned earlier, the Dreams makes good use of memory gel technology.
Part of which means that unlike traditional mattresses, the Dreams is better suited in sustaining its shape better. In as much as it is perfect in conforming and cushioning the body, it also springs back to its original shape as soon as the weight is lifted off.
Does the Mattress Smell when New?
Memory foam mattress buyers often complain that their new bedding give off a slight toxic-smelling odor when new. It’s often as a result of the industrial compounds used in the manufacturing of the foam. Such that when you first unwrap the new foam mattress a putrid smelling gas hits you. This is what is termed as off-gassing.
Furthermore, this mattress is certified by CertiPUR-US, guaranteeing that no nasty chemicals are used to manufacture it.
Does it Need a Mattress Topper?
This mattress is however crafted to be comfortable and luxurious with or without additional layers. The conformity here is enough to allow a deep, relaxing and, ‘pillow-less’ sleep.
Does the DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams 13-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Come With a Warranty?
As if to prove that they are serious about the kind of quality they are releasing to the world, the manufacturer has included a whopping 20-year warranty.
The warranty covers everything from body indentations to unwarranted sagging and every other mattress problem in between. It is definitely the warranty cover to beat.
How is the Return Policy?
In few words, you should be able to return the mattress at no cost for 30 days, but check the details at the time of purchase in case anything changed.
Given that It’s a Luxury Mattress, how Expensive is It?
This is one of the surprising points of this American manufactured mattress. Unlike other luxury branded mattress, which average thousands of dollars, the Dreams is priced at only a fraction of that. With as little of Out of stock! (might not be so little though!) , you can enjoy the same luxurious sleep as those using a $3000 mattress do. Very conveniently affordable.
DreamFoam Ultimate Dreams Gel Mattress Review – Our Verdict
Well, that sums it up for as far as commonly and frequently-asked-questions go.
In a nutshell, here are some of the pros and cons of the DreamFoam Mattress Ultimate Dreams 13-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress:
- Made in the USA
- A long and all-around industrial warranty cover
- A luxurious design language at a very good price point
- The 13-inch variant is considered ‘not firm enough’ by some people, but you could still try the 7 and 10-inch versions
- It can still be considered pricey by some people
In case you aren’t convinced, we suggest you visit our updated Best Mattress Guide for other ideas.