Eight Sleep Saturn+ Ratings
- Motion Isolation
The Saturn+ is an all-foam mattress that features smart technology. It is mostly suited for stomach and back sleepers, as it is firm enough to support them adequately.
The three foams used for the construction will leave you feeling well supported, while if you are used to taking advantage of the edge of the bed, keep in mind that the Saturn+ will offer a fairly usable sleep surface across the entire mattress.
- Hybrid mattress for good value - Get a Queen for just $849 + 2 free pillows with our coupon code TED50
- Great contour and pressure relief
- Unique Smart Cover
- 10 year limited warranty
- A bit too firm for side sleepers
Full Eight Sleep Saturn+ Mattress Review
- 1 What Type of Mattress is the Eight Sleep Saturn+?
- 2 What are the Saturn+ Smart Features?
- 3 How Firm is it?
- 4 How Many Layers Does it have?
- 5 How is Motion Transfer and Sinkage?
- 6 Does it Sleep Hot?
- 7 Does it Have any Smell?
- 8 Does it Require a Foundation?
- 9 What Type of Cover Does it Have?
- 10 What is the Best Way to Care for the Mattress?
- 11 Durability
- 12 Size and Shipping
- 13 100 Night Risk Free Trial
- 14 Warranty
- 15 How Much Does the Eight Sleep Saturn+ Cost?
- 16 How is Saturn+ Different from Jupiter+ and Mars+?
- 17 Eight Sleep Saturn+ Mattress- Our Verdict
Eight Sleep is highly driven by science and data, and the company made it their objective to make the world’s most extensive sleep measurement and improvement system.
The company understands the common issues when it comes to getting a restful night’s sleep, and that is why they introduced the world’s first smart bed.
If you are into technology and desire to make more of your bed possibilities, then you must consider getting the Saturn+ version, which includes the unique Sleep Tracker cover.
This comes packed with the latest advancement of technology, for a smart bed and a smart home.
The smart cover features smart home integration and a smart alarm.
This allows your mattress to connect to your smart home and turn off the lights when you doze off.
In addition to this, the smart cover customizes your sleep system and the smart alarm feature detects when you are in light sleep and triggers the alarm when it is easier for your body to wake up.
What Type of Mattress is the Eight Sleep Saturn+?
The Saturn is a 10″ all foam mattress and Eight’s most basic option.
This affordable bed is a medium firm feel and will work well for the majority of sleeping positions.
The bed is built with three layers of responsive foam, and it also features the brand’s proprietary Smart Technology Cover, which helps to track the sleeping habits of users in order to better optimize their shut eye.
What are the Saturn+ Smart Features?
The Saturn+ mattress leverages technology to understand what you require to get your best rest.
The Smart Cover features sensors which connect to your smartphone in order to track and control a variety of functions.
It collects sleep data without you having to do a thing, and to access the data, all that you need to do is simply open an app and discover your personal sleep information.
By helping you understand your sleep pattern, the Saturn+ mattress will guide you to better sleep and as a consequence improve your health.
The sleep tracker goes on the bed just like a fitted sheet and easily plugs into a hubspot that connects to the WiFi.
In addition to this, the smart alarm feature of the mattress helps to detect when you are in light sleep and activates the alarm when it is comfortable for your body to wake up.
How Firm is it?
The mattress comes in at an average rating of 7 on the firmness scale, 10 being the firmest. When compared to the industry standard of 6.5 for medium firmness, it is quite evident that this mattress is pretty firm.
The combination of poly foam layers creates a lot of bounce, which further positions the sleeper on top of the mattress.
This bounce from the top foam layers along with the density of the foundational poly foam makes for a very supportive bed.
That being said, you are certainly going to feel like you are resting on top of the bed as opposed to “in it”, which will be excellent for stomach and back sleepers.
How Many Layers Does it have?
The mattress is made up of the following 3 layers:
- Comfort Layer: This is comprised of 2” of poly foam. This material is soft, thereby allowing you to sink in for some instant relief, but it also has a prompt response to pressure, which implies you are not likely to experience ‘stuck in’ the bed feeling. The bounce further helps to keep you on top of the bed, thereby making it easy to move around the surface.
- Transition Layer: Beneath the comfort layer, there is another 2” of poly foam. This layer is denser than the one on top, so that it offers you with some stability and support as you transition into the base underneath.
- Foundation Layer: This is a 6” of high-density poly foam- a firm material that helps to establish the foundation of the bed. In addition to this, it provides the user with some deep compression support as they sink into the bed.
How is Motion Transfer and Sinkage?
As expected with its construction, the mattress performs well in this category.
The Saturn+ tends to isolate motion quite well and the foam easily “traps” the motion, keeping it from transferring across the bed.
In addition to this, there is considerably less sinkage and each foam layer is built to be ultra-supportive, with the objective of lifting the sleeper up and out of the structure.
While this will make stomach and back sleepers jump for joy, those in need of more cushiony pressure relief will want to look elsewhere.
Does it Sleep Hot?
No, the Eight Sleep Saturn+ mattress does not sleep hot!
The foam layers on the bed do not have the same give and “sink” of memory foam, so they do not trap as much body heat. Furthermore, the bed’s technology allows you to have control over bed temperature.
Couples can also enjoy the dual warmness function offered by the Sleep Tracker cover, which implies you and your partner can enjoy just the kind of warmth you both desire, without any disturbance of the other person.
Does it Have any Smell?
The mattress is made up of premium materials in the USA certified by Certipur-US, which guarantees there are no toxic chemicals in the foams.
It is also suggested to leave your unpacked mattress for about 12 to 24 hours and then sleep on it in order to avoid any discomfort.
Does it Require a Foundation?
The Saturn+ mattress does not require any specific foundation and will be good in any surface.
You can try any foundation- flat, adjustable surface, slatted bed or platform bed.
Thus, you will simply require a foundation that is solid and can accommodate for the best surface to get the maximum out of your mattress.
What Type of Cover Does it Have?
The cover of the mattress is made up of 100% polyester, which makes for a soft, thin, and stretchy material.
Aesthetically, there is absolutely no design to speak of other than tiny dots, which allows for great breathability and the fabric promptly snaps back into place, so it is not prone to bunching when you apply pressure.
Furthermore, this thin design allows the users to more effectively engage with the foams underneath.
The cover attaches easily to the structure and is powered by an unnoticeable cord that you plug into the wall.
The system then tracks movements, regulates temperature, and even wakes you up at an optimal time based on your personal sleep cycle.
In addition to this, you can access all the data it collects from your sleep through an app on your smartphone.
What is the Best Way to Care for the Mattress?
For any stains, you can use cold water and a mild detergent, and rub the affected area in circular motion with a clean cloth.
In addition to this, the smart cover comes with a zipper so that you can simply remove it and wash it in the machine using a delicate program.
The foams used in the mattress are not as dense as they should be when considering durability.
It is also imperative to remember that the mattress’s technology will likely not last as long as the mattress itself. Of course, the more you use the mattress, the more likely it is to wear off more quickly.
As far as the Sleep Tracker cover of the mattress, this is not the most durable of all, as it comes with only 1 year warranty. Still, it can be that the mechanism works just fine and will need to be updated alone.
Size and Shipping
The mattress is shipped straight to your doorstep absolutely free of charge in about a week’s time, via FedEx or UPS.
It is shipped to the contiguous 48 states and deliveries to Alaska, Hawaii, or international locations is not available at this time.
The mattress is typically delivered within 10 business days of ordering and if you are not there to pick it up, the driver will leave the mattress box at your door, so no inconvenience there.
After the mattress is ordered, it is compressed, sealed in plastic, and delivered in a marked box and the smart cover ships in a separate box.
The mattress arrives in one piece, but you will need to put the smart cover over it.
100 Night Risk Free Trial
The company offers a 100-night sleep trial and does require that you keep the bed for at least 30 days before initiating a return.
However, if at any time between 30 to 100 nights, you are still not satisfied, you can return the bed, the smart cover, or both, for a full refund of your actual purchase price.
Additionally, a delivery fee is non-refundable.
The mattress is covered by a 10-year warranty and during that time, the Eight Sleep will pay to repair or replace a defective mattress. This includes all the foam parts of the mattress determined to have a flaw, and there is no deductible.
If the original purchaser sells or otherwise hands over ownership of the mattress to another, the subsequent owner accepts the mattress “as it is” and “with all faults.”
The Limited Warranty covers the following defects during normal use:
- Deterioration of the foam resulting in a visible indentation greater than 1 inch that is not linked with an indentation or sag as a result of an improper base or foundation. Normal wear requires that a buyer’s mattress be continuously supported by a matching, solid foundation, frame, or base substantial enough to support the mattress and occupant(s).
- Any physical defect in the craftsmanship of the mattress that causes permanent damage to the memory foam despite normal use and proper setup.
- Any physical defect in the workmanship of the cover, including seams and zipper assembly. The company may, at its own option, replace or repair the cover provided on the mattress. In the event that the company replaces the white mattress encasement enclosing the foam of the mattress, Eight will replace it with the current style of cover available for the mattress, which may be of a different design, color, or material than the original cover provided.
However, the warranty will not include the smart cover, sleep tracking technology, its fabric, components, sensors, and materials which are covered exclusively by a 1 year limited warranty.
It will also not cover the following:
- A normal increase in softness of the foam which is normal and does not affect the pressure-relieving quality of the mattress.
- Comfort preferences.
- Physical damage or abuse to the structure and/or cover material, including but not limited to, burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage & stains, or soiling.
- Damage from using an unsupportive or improper bed frame, platform bed, foundation, or adjustable base.
- Replacement(s) of another piece in the company system, unless other piece(s) is also defective.
- Mattress sold by resellers who are not authorized retailers.
How Much Does the Eight Sleep Saturn+ Cost?
The Saturn+ is the most affordable mattress offered by Eight Sleep. The prices are as follows, after applying our coupon code TED50 for a nice $50 off + 2 free pillows:
|Size||Regular Price||Discounted Price|
How is Saturn+ Different from Jupiter+ and Mars+?
- Foam: While the Saturn+ has a durable foam, the Jupiter+ has a premium foam and the Mars+ has premium foam layers with pocketed coils.
- Firmness: While the Saturn+ offers medium-firm firmness, the Jupiter+ offers medium firmness and the Mars+ offers medium soft firmness.
- Price: The Saturn+ is the most affordable mattress and you can get a Queen at just $899. However, the Jupiter+ is not as affordable as the Saturn+ but you can avail Queen at $1,099, The Mars+ is the most expensive, where Queen comes in at $1399.
Eight Sleep Saturn+ Mattress- Our Verdict
The Saturn+ is an all foam medium firm mattress featuring a Smart cover that connects to your phone to track and control a variety of functions.
Its unique smart technology allows you to easily connect the mattress to other smart devices and set the most appropriate temperature for both sides of your mattress. Additionally, its Smart Alarm feature allows you to wake up every morning at your time of choosing.
The bed will further make a good choice for anyone interested in sleep technology as the mattress’s Smart Technology Cover helps to track sleep pattern of user’s as well as improve users’ sleep health in real time.
It is a firm bed and thus, a fantastic pick for stomach and back sleepers who benefit most from firm support.
If you are in the market for a bed with great bounce, look no further than the Saturn+ as this mattress features a lot of lift in its top foam layers, which further helps to keep the sleeper on top of the mattress.
Additionally, if you want to spend a limited amount of money as you are short on budget, then the Eight Sleep Saturn+ is a great choice which does not mean you will settle for something less.
In summary, these features combined with a competitive price of only $849 for Queen (with our coupon TED50) + 2 free pillows make it a very good, quality choice.