IDLE Sleep All Foam Ratings
- Motion Isolation
The IDLE Sleep All Foam is a premium, 2-sided mattress. This implies that you can sleep on either side and flip the mattress to make it last longer.
The mattress is made with soft quilting foam, avena, IDLE custom buoyancy foam similar to memory foam but with faster reaction, and quantum edge-to-edge coil unit, thus offering great comfort and support.
- Good value for your money - Get Queen for only $1,199
- 120 Risk Free Night Sleep Trial with free 100% money back guarantee
- 2-Sided Design – being able to spin and flip allows this mattress to wear more evenly and extend the life span of the mattress
- 12 year limited warranty
- Slight new mattress smell
Full IDLE All Foam Mattress Review
- 1 What Type of Mattress is the IDLE?
- 2 How Firm is it?
- 3 How Many Layers Does it Have?
- 4 How is Motion Transfer and Sinkage?
- 5 Does it Sleep Hot?
- 6 Does it Have any Smell?
- 7 Does it Require a Foundation?
- 8 What type of Cover does it have?
- 9 What is the Best Way to Care for the IDLE Mattress?
- 10 Durability
- 11 Size and Shipping
- 12 120 Night Risk-Free Sleep Trial and Guarantee
- 13 Warranty
- 14 How much does the IDLE Mattress Cost?
- 15 IDLE Mattress 12” Review- Our Verdict
- 16 Other IDLE Sleep Mattress Choices
- 17 Which Mattress is Best for Whom?
IDLE Sleep was developed by two industry veterans with over 18 years of experience in the mattress industry as sales reps & factory leads, and thus have designed many mattresses for the retail markets.
The main proprietary foam the mattresses use is the IDLE Buoyancy foam which has up to 4X better pressure relief than memory foam, and it also sleeps cooler.
The mattresses are designed to have top notch pressure relief without giving you a “stuck” feeling.
Chances are if you are in the market for a new mattress, it is majorly because your mattress has large dips & impressions or you are experiencing a “roll to the middle” sensation.
IDLE is one such company that sees the need and want for 2-sided mattresses coming back to the market because they last longer.
When a mattress is slept on night after night it is the top comfort layers that wear and develop sag and body impressions.
On a 1-sided mattress you are able to spin the mattress but not flip it.
However, with 2-sides you are able to wear the foams more evenly by turning and flipping periodically to extend the life of the mattress.
What Type of Mattress is the IDLE?
Idle Sleep offers a mattress for everyone.
With 4 models to pick from along with several firmness levels, they are sure to have something that will work for pretty much every body and every sleeping type.
The Idle model is their entry level mattress that comes with 2 sides.
This implies that the company offers the buyer a choice of firmness along with a simple flip.
How Firm is it?
The mattress is available in Medium on 1 side and and Luxury Firm on the other side.
Thus, the mattress is ideal for all types of sleepers.
How Many Layers Does it Have?
The mattress is made up of the following layers.
- Cover ThermoCool Fabric works with the bodies natural thermal capabilities through smart fiber cross sections
- 1” of quilting foam on each side – 1.512 density
- 3” IDLE buoyancy Foam – 3.5lb
- 6” High Density Foam Core – 1.835lb
- It has same Comfort foams on the flip side
The foam core is above the standard 1.5-1.8 and the mattress is 14” thick so there is no bottoming out.
- Cover ThermoCool Fabric
- 1” of quilting foam on each side – 1.512 density
- 1” of IDLE buoyancy Foam – 3.5lb
- 2” of Transition Poly foam 1.828lb
- 6” of Foam Core 1.835lb
- It has the same Comfort foams on the flip side
How is Motion Transfer and Sinkage?
The IDLE all foam mattress does well in this category and it has the absolute best motion reduction.
There is very minimal motion transfer so you will not be disturbed from a sound sleep every time your partner rolls over during the night.
In addition to this, you get the advantage of superior edge support, and thus you can experience a restful night’s sleep, night after night.
Does it Sleep Hot?
No, the IDLE mattress does not sleep hot!
The top layer of the mattress is the IDLE Buoyancy foam that was developed without heat trapping visco chemicals like memory foam.
In addition to this, the foam will feel the same in any temperature room where memory foam will get stiff in a cold room and not maintain support in a warm room.
Furthermore, the cover is a ThermoCool cover which allows good airflow.
Thus, the overall experience on the IDLE mattress for heat is very pleasant.
Does it Have any Smell?
While most bed-in-a-box mattresses have a reasonable degree of off-gassing from being compressed and packaged in plastic for shipping, the IDLE mattress differs from most in this context by faring well in this category.
The foam and materials used in the construction of the mattress are CertiPUR-US certified, which implies that the mattress is made without ozone depleters, lead, mercury, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and PBDE flame retardants.
However, there may be a slight new mattress smell, but there is no strong chemical odor, and it also dissipates within a few hours.
Also, for content, durability, and emissions, the mattress is analyzed by independent and accredited testing laboratories.
Additionally, IDLE mattresses are made to order in the USA.
Thus, they are also allowed to breathe in the factory before being rolled and since they are made to order they are not roll packed very long like some other mattress brands.
Does it Require a Foundation?
The IDLE mattress works best when set up on any firm, flat surface.
It is compatible with any foundation, coiled box spring, wooden slats, adjustable bed, and even the floor.
In addition to this, you can use your existing foundation as long as it is not bowed or damaged.
What type of Cover does it have?
Aesthetically, the cover of the IDLE mattress is appealing and attractive.
It also has handles to make it easier to spin and flip.
What is the Best Way to Care for the IDLE Mattress?
It is suggested that you turn and rotate your IDLE mattress every three months and flip it every 6 months in order to maintain its overall structure and also prevent excessive sagging.
For any stains or spills, you can simply opt for the spot cleaning method.
It is also suggested to protect your mattress with a waterproof mattress protector.
This in turn will protect your mattress from any stains or spills which may happen due to accidents, sweat, or other bodily fluids which may seep into the mattress and degrade it over time.
One of the most common issues sleepers experience that causes them to replace their bed is lack of durability.
With time, such beds begin to sag, often leading to irritable and disrupted sleep.
However, the IDLE mattress is built from the highest quality materials which are specially designed to keep the mattress durable and in shape, thus, offering several years of support and comfort.
One of its main benefits over the other online brands is that it is 2-sided.
This implies that you can wear the foams more evenly to help extend the life of the mattress.
In addition to this, the mattress is 100% built in the US and backed by a Lifetime complete warranty.
Size and Shipping
Your IDLE mattress ships from the company’s warehouse in CO or IL, and is delivered to your door totally hassle free.
Your mattress should arrive in about 5 to 10 business days.
It is quite easy and quick to set up your new mattress.
All that you need to do is place the mattress in the room where you desire to use it.
Next, remove it from the box, place it on the surface you intend to use, and remove its outer plastic.
Unroll the mattress and then remove the inner plastic wrap.
The mattress will slowly begin to expand to its full size and is generally ready to sleep on within 20 minutes, however, if you are in a cold climate it can take longer to expand.
120 Night Risk-Free Sleep Trial and Guarantee
IDLE has experienced a very low return rate because of the quality and feel of their mattresses are well above average.
The company offers a 120 night sleep trial and because their foam layers are a higher quality as compared to other mattresses, they will require just a little time to adjust to your body.
The company suggests you to try the mattress for approximately 4 weeks to adjust to the new bed and achieve its full potential comfort.
However if, after the 1st 30 days, you are not completely happy and satisfied with your purchase, you can simply return the mattress for a full refund with absolutely no shipping return charges incurred by the company.
This 120 night risk-free trial basically affords consumers ample time to try out and experience the new mattress at the comfort of their home.
If you do determine that the IDLE mattress is not for you, simply email their customer service, and the company will make arrangements for your mattress return.
Once your return is received or donated and thoroughly inspected, the company will send you an email to notify you that it has received your returned mattress.
The company will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund, and if you are approved, then your refund will be processed within 10 to 15 business days.
The IDLE mattress comes with a Lifetime warranty which extends to the original purchaser of the mattress only.
The “original purchaser,” for the purpose of this warranty, is the first purchaser of the bed from IDLE or a IDLE authorized retailer.
The warranty is valid only for the period of time the mattress is owned by the original purchaser.
Also, the limited warranty is not transferable and you need to retain a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase.
The warranty covers any defects in material as well as workmanship for a lifetime period from the time your mattress is purchased by you, when it is used normally for its intended purpose, and on a bed base that is structurally capable of supporting the weight of the user as well as the mattress.
The following defects are covered under this warranty:
- Any manufacturing flaw affecting the performance of the mattress.
- Deterioration causing the mattress to have a visible indentation greater than 1.5 inches that is not linked with an indentation or sag resulting from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation or adjustable bed base. Normal wear requires that a mattress be constantly supported by a matching foundation or adjustable bed base with a proper bed frame sufficient to support the collective weight of the foundation as well as the mattress.
- Any physical defect in the mattress that causes the foam material to crack or split, despite normal usage and proper handling.
However, the warranty does not cover any comfort preferences, normal increase in softness of the foam pressure-relieving material which does not influence the pressure-relieving qualities of the mattress, physical abuse or damage to the structure and/or cover material, including but not limited to cuts, burns, tears, liquid damage, or stains; provided, that the defect is caused by such abuse or damage.
Additionally, it does not cover any mattress sold by resellers who are not authorized retailers as well as mattresses sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the bed is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by another consumer.
How much does the IDLE Mattress Cost?
The IDLE foam mattress is economically priced for the quality of materials used in its construction, and the result is a high quality bed at a fair price.
IDLE is running a great promotion giving $300 off on all models: just use the coupon code SUMMER300 to get these low prices:
|Size||Regular Price||Discounted Price|
IDLE Mattress 12” Review- Our Verdict
The IDLE 12” All Foam is an impressive mattress and the overall feel of the medium is great.
It has a very good pressure relief and a fast reacting foam making it easy to adjust and help limit any stuck feeling.
The medium side is well suited for side sleepers but works well in all positions.
Additionally, the company offers a luxury firm version that will be firmer if you don’t want it quite as soft.
This and the medium hybrid will be the best options for side sleepers – the medium on this is firmer than the medium on the other models, which are a on the softer side of medium.
Perhaps the best part about the IDLE mattresses is that they are 2-Sided.
This feature was common for all mattresses in the past, and part of the reason brands went one sided is because they are cheaper to make with less premium foam and fabric needed.
Like IDLE states, ultimately the foam is what is going to break down and give you, sag so being able to flip it is a huge plus to make the mattress last longer.
This mattress is also recommend to anyone looking for a hybrid mattress.
Other IDLE Sleep Mattress Choices
IDLE Sleep offers 4 Models with 6 total choices.
The main proprietary foam that the mattresses use is the IDLE Buoyancy foam which has up to 4X better pressure relief than memory foam, and it also sleeps cooler.
The mattresses are designed to have top notch pressure relief without giving you a “stuck” feeling.
The two best sellers are the 14” Hybrid and the 14” All Foam – each of these are offered in a Medium (best seller) and a Luxury Firm.
IDLE’s least expensive mattress ($899) is the 12” Dual Firmness choice which features one side that is Medium and one side that is Luxury Firm.
This is a great choice for those looking to spend less and for people who are unsure what to get for firmness levels- with a simple flip you can have a choice.
Last they offer a 14” Latex Hybrid Dual Firmness Mattress which is a great option for latex lovers.
With a substantial thickness & natural elements, this model has one side with a Medium-Firm feel and one side with a Firm feel, thereby making it a great choice for those not sure what to get.
All of these mattresses are comparably priced to other higher end luxury brands but are a better deal since you have the option to flip the mattresses and get more for you money.
Which Mattress is Best for Whom?
- The 14” Hybrid: This model is best for those seeking more of a traditional mattress feel that a coil unit provides. So those seeking a good combination of a foam feeling paired with bounce the coil unit adds can opt for this model. The Medium is best for combination sleepers who sleep in all 3 sleeping positions. The Luxury Firm is best for those sleeping on stomach and back and perhaps heavier sleepers.
- The 14” All Foam: This model is best for those seeking the absolute best motion isolation and pressure relief. The Medium is best for combination sleepers who sleep in all 3 sleeping positions. This is the absolute best option for 100% side sleepers. The Luxury Firm is best for those sleeping on stomach and back, and perhaps heavier sleepers.
- The 12” All Foam Dual Firmness: This option uses the same great foams as the other two but is best for those who are just unsure what to get. With one side medium and one side firm there are some options with this model. The medium here will be just a hair firmer than the medium options above. Its great for all 3 sleeping positions and those looking to spend less money.
- The 14” Latex Hybrid Dual Firmness: This option is great for those seeking the latex feel with more of a sleeping on top of the mattress with a lot of bounce. Many people have not tried latex before buying one so the company made this option dual firmness as well. The medium side here will be the firmest “medium” and the Latex generally is a little firmer. This option will work for combination sleepers as well.