Disclosure: Casper provides compensation for purchases originating from this review. However, all opinions stated here are entirely our own.
Complete Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress Review
The Casper Wave Hybrid is the ‘Cadillac’ of the Casper mattress series: not only is it the thickest, it is also the most luxurious.
With the most extensively thought-out layers, the Wave Hybrid comes packed with plenty of quality features with comfort, support, balance, and coolness in mind.
Those with back pain or that simply want the most luxurious mattress the market has to offer (and want maximum comfort) should choose the Wave Hybrid.
Although the price is much higher than other mattresses one might find while shopping, there are plenty of reasons why the price can be validated.
In reality, the price of this mattress is heavily worth the extra costs.
Casper is very well known for having popularized the bed in a box concept with its Casper Original mattress a few years back.
What Type of Mattress is the Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress?
This is a hybrid mattress, meaning that it combines several materials and technologies to achieve results not easily found with other kind of mattresses.
In the case of the Casper wave, the combination includes a proprietary foam, gel and innersprings (see more details in the layers section).
This is the highest quality Casper Mattress, but also the most expensive.
Couples will find that there are plenty of benefits for them like edge support and limited motion transfer, while solo sleepers will love the attentive support the mattress provides.
How Firm is this Mattress?
Out of all of Casper’s mattresses, the Wave Hybrid has the most support built-in by far.
In terms of how it lands on a scale, we’d rate this mattress at about a 5.5 for firmness.
It’s important to note that while we rated this the same as the Element, it does have a completely different overall feel.
Where there is a firmness to the Wave Hybrid, it balances out exquisitely with the pocketed coils specially placed in the layers to allow for a bit of bounce.
How Many Layers Does it Have?
- This mattress has a bottom base layer of springs that are what allows the slight bounce to the mattress. Additionally, these coils help provide better edge support, something that has been slightly lacking in the other models.
- The fourth layer contains the most zoned support features with gel pods towards the middle of the mattress to help support the back and hips in many different positions.
- The third layer includes a round of AirScape breathability (something that is limited in the other Casper mattresses).
- This layer adds another bit of zoned support to provide softer relief around the shoulders.
- The second layer is another round of AirScape to enable hot air to circulate out from underneath sleepers in order to keep them cool throughout the night.
- Last but not least, the top layer is comprised of yet another round of AirScape – this time covered with a coating of something Casper calls “cooling gel” to maximize air-flow through the mattress.
Does the Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress Sleep Hot?
With three out of its five layers being completely centered on breathability, someone who sleeps on this mattress should not overheat during the night.
The Wave Hybrid’s perforated memory foam allows for body heat to leave the mattress and cool air to take its place.
Those that tend to sweat at night should feel perfectly cozy with this mattress!
How is Motion Transfer and Sinkage?
Because of its many layers of memory foam, motion transfer is extremely limited.
Additionally, couples will love the edge support that is provided from the coils of the Wave Hybrid (especially if one of them tends to hog most of the bed – the other won’t feel that they are falling off when close to the edge).
The coils and firmness should allow for a bit of bounce when sitting, preventing someone from completely sinking into the mattress.
Unlike the Casper Original and Casper Element, the Wave Hybrid mattress should be able to handle heavier weights with this construction.
Does it Have any Smell?
As we’ve mentioned in our other Casper mattress blogs, most people don’t have issues with a smell coming from their mattress when they take it out of the packaging.
If by the off chance that there is a slight smell, leaving the mattress to air out for 1 to 2 days before sleeping on it should get rid of the smell completely.
Does it Require a Foundation?
All Casper mattresses are recommended to be used with a foundation.
Although the Wave Hybrid does have the most layers and support of them all, having a foundation allows the mattress further protection and support for its users.
What Type of Cover does it Have?
The Wave Hybrid has a soft knit-wool cover that stretches over the mattress.
Once again though, even though it’s removable, we don’t recommend machine washing this cover.
Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress Mattress Durability
With its high-quality materials, you can expect the Wave Hybrid to last for quite some time.
While the price upfront might be a bit high, this mattress seems to be a good investment to make.
This mattress will generally stay around for well past the average lifetime of a mattress if maintained properly.
Casper also provides a 10-year warranty on all of its mattresses if some sort of defect was found.
How Much Does the Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress Cost?
Here are the current Casper mattress prices, and as you can see you can get a great discount of 15% by applying our exclusive coupon code :
|Size||Regular Price||Discounted Price|
Casper does tend to have plenty of sales running throughout the year for those that bargain shop, but you should still expect it to be much higher than their other mattresses.
Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress Review – Our Verdict
The Wave Hybrid is a more expensive option for those looking for the best comfort and support in the market.
With five specialized layers of coils, zoned support, and breathability functionality, there’s not much more the Casper team could have included in this mattress.
Those wanting a longer-lasting mattress should definitely consider purchasing this one.
This mattress caters to many different sleeping positions.
All in all, Casper’s Wave Hybrid mattress is able to combine luxury, support, and comfort in one durable mattress to cater to multiple body shapes and sleeping styles
If you are still unsure, have a look at our Casper Original Mattress review!
Head of Content
Sam is the Head of Content at Mattress Guides and an experienced mattress enthusiast. She is in charge of the company’s blog, but you can also follow her reviews and guides that are written with much passion.
Updated at March 14, 2022
- 1 Complete Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress Review
- 2 What Type of Mattress is the Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress?
- 3 How Firm is this Mattress?
- 4 How Many Layers Does it Have?
- 5 Does the Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress Sleep Hot?
- 6 How is Motion Transfer and Sinkage?
- 7 Does it Have any Smell?
- 8 Does it Require a Foundation?
- 9 What Type of Cover does it Have?
- 10 Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress Mattress Durability
- 11 How Much Does the Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress Cost?
- 12 Casper Wave Hybrid Mattress Review – Our Verdict