Full Nolah Signature 12” Foam Mattress Review
The Nolah Signature mattress is double-sided, meaning that sleeping one side allows for a firmer mattress and flipping it over to the other side allows for a softer mattress – allowing you to easily control comfort preferences!
The Signature 12″ is no longer flippable. It is now a single sided mattress focused on maximizing pressure relief.
Nolah Sleep, based in Colorado, has created their own foam called” AirFoam,” which improves on the traditional memory foam fund in many other mattresses.
The Signature has 75% more AirFoam™ than the Original which allows it to provide up to 40% more pressure relief.
Both sides of the mattress feature a layer of cooling AirFoam to help regulate temperatures and provide a comfortable night’s sleep.
However, only the softer side of the mattress offers an additional layer of support foam.
The firmer side is slightly thinner, but no less comfortable. It boasts medium firmness and maximum comfort.
This double-sided mattress is made from breathable, organic cotton material and offers firmness customization not seen in many other mattress options.
What Type of Mattress is the Nolah Signature 12”?
Nolah mattresses are manufactured in the United States and, when purchased directly from the manufacturer, often ship for free and in as little as a few days.
Meaning, that you get a high-quality mattress delivered to your door quickly and easily!
And, if that wasn’t enough, the Nolah Signature comes with a lifetime warranty.
Plus, Nolah has committed to donating a portion of their sales to the wildlife adoption program, Defenders of Wildlife so that both you and the animals in need sleep soundly!
How Firm is the Nolah Signature 12” Mattress? Will I get a Good Night’s sleep?
When buying a new mattress, maximum comfort is everything and this mattress delivers!
The Nolah Signature mattress offers two-in-one comfort selection, making it the ideal solution for anyone who might be unsure of the level of firmness they prefer.
Whether you prefer the firmer side or the softer side, Nolah’s Cooling Air foam will regulate temperatures to keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
Nolah Cooling AirFoam has been crafted to maintain cooler temperatures than traditional memory foam, and provides 4 times better pressure relief, making it more responsive to your body’s changing sleep positions.
This double-sided, reversible foam bed provides additional firmness on one side, allowing for a medium-firmness that is preferred by side and back sleepers.
The other side is higher on the firmness scale, making it the ideal choice for anyone who prefers to sleep on their stomach or for back sleepers who don’t like to sink into the bed.
What About Motion Transfer? Will I Wake My Partner if I Roll Over?
Just like the original Nolah 10” mattress, the Signature does an excellent job isolating motion. The Nolah Signature is an all-foam bed that uses multiple layers of high-quality, motion absorbing foam.
The 8” dense foam core quickly minimizes movements and prevents motion transfer. Movement goes undetected by even the lightest and most sensitive sleepers.
Go ahead and roll around, your partner will never notice.
Nolah Signature 12” Mattress Layers
Taken from the Nolah website, the Signature mattress provides “extra-deep AirFoam pressure relief on hips and shoulders. It is the most comfortable mattress for side, back and stomach sleepers.”
- Soft Side – Cooling Nolah AirFoam: Nolah’s 2.5” patented cooling AirFoam is guaranteed to stay cooler than the leading Memory Foam, and also offers higher durability and 4x greater pressure relief.
- Dense, Supporting High-Resilience Foam: A dense, supportive 1.5” high-resilience foam layer creates that best balance between soft and firm. It is light enough for side sleepers and firm enough for back and stomach sleepers.
- High-Density Foam Core: Nolah’s 8” ultra-grade foam core comes with a life-time guaranty. It is said to be strong enough to withstand even the most extreme conditions.
- Firm Side – Cooling Nolah AirFoam: 1” Nolah AirFoam provides excellent support while staying cool, and providing enough firmness and pressure relief for stomach sleepers and anyone else who prefers a firmer mattress.
Does the Nolah Signature 12” Mattress Sleep Hot?
Staying cool on an all-foam bed isn’t always an easy task. In fact, most memory foam mattresses hold heat in and don’t offer the greatest temperature dissipation.
According to the Nolah website, the mattress is ‘wrapped in a luxurious organic cotton cover that helps cool the body and draws away excess moisture for a more comfortable sleep’, a statement that hundreds of reviewers agree with.
The Nolah Signature is engineered using next generation foam that stays cool, even when body temperatures rise.
Ensuring that you get a cool and comfortable sleep every time.
Despite having been designed without an aerated layer, or a coil system, one thing that will benefit anyone who has warmer body temperature is the option to flip from the softer side of the bed to the firmer side.
By sleeping on top of the firmer side, you will find that your body doesn’t sink as far into the mattress – allowing for better air flow.
How Long will the Mattress Last?
The Nolah 12” Signature mattress is covered by a lifetime limited warranty, and the company estimates the lifetime of the mattress as being 15 years.
Although, since the mattress was developed less than 15 years ago, it is impossible to validate this claim.
If the foam bed is found to be defective within the first 15 years, it will be repaired or replaced at no cost to the original purchaser.
After that time, repair and / or replacement might incur additional charges.
Where is the Nolah 12” Signature Mattress Made?
All Nolah Mattresses are made in one of eight factories, each located in the United States, using 100% American-made materials.
The patented Nolah Cooling AirFoam uses next-generation foam technology to regulate temperature and allow for a cooler night’s sleep.
How is the Mattress Delivered?
Prior to delivery, the mattress is compressed and rolled tightly enough to fit into a compact box.
The box will be heavy, so you will likely want to enlist the help of a second person.
Unboxing the mattress will take a little maneuvering, but it shouldn’t take longer than a few minutes.
When you first unbox the mattress, it will look a little compressed but within a few hours it should fully expand.
Within 24 to 48 hours, it should decompress to showroom condition.
Does the Mattress Smell When New?
As you first open the packaging and begin to unroll the mattress, you may notice a slight odor. This is referred to as “off gassing.”
Don’t worry, this does not mean that you will be stuck with a smelly mattress.
The smell comes from the scent of the plastic used to wrap the mattress and should disappear completely in a couple of days.
How Big is the Bed? Will it Fit in my Room?
The Nolah 12” Signature foam mattress is available in the standard bed sizes:
- Twin: 39” x 75” x 12”
- Twin XL: 39” x 80” x 12”
- Full: 54” x 75” x 12”
- Queen: 60” x 80” x 12”
- King: 76” x 80” x 12”
- California King: 72” x 84” x 12”
The Nolah Signature mattress comes rolled compressed in a box.
Shipping via UPS typically takes 1 to 4 business days, depending on customer location.
The box will be heavy, so it is wise to have someone available to help move the box around your home, and to unpack it.
For sizing purposes, Nolah uses two different sized shipping boxes.
Twin, Twin XL and Queen ship in a 15” x 15” x 41” box, and King and Cal King ship in a 19” x 19” x 44” box.
Does it Need a Foundation or a Bed Frame?
Nolah offers a chic and modern adjustable base that they suggest using, however, they also state that the mattress works just as well without it.
The manufacturer states that the foam mattress is compatible with many of the leading beds, but strongly advises against using it on a sofa-bed.
In order to meet quality standards, it is recommended that the mattress lay on a solid, flat surface (including adjustable beds), or high-quality slats that are no further than 3” apart.
120-night Trial Period
Nolah mattresses come with a risk-free, money-back, 120-night trial period – almost a full month longer than many other mattress trial periods!
If the promise of a full-money back guarantee isn’t enough, wherever possible, Nolah donates returned mattress to charities in the communities of their customers.
Nolah has proven themselves to be a socially conscious company, committed to delivering excellent customer service.
Contacting customer service is easy, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 403-6615.
Nolah Signature 12” Mattress Warranty
Nolah offers a limited lifetime warranty that is more than fair and exceeds industry standards. If your mattress is deemed defective within 15 years, the company will replace or repair it at no cost to you.
After 15 years, Nolah will repair the mattress provided that you pay shipping, or they will replace the mattress at a prorated charge plus $75 shipping.
If the mattress needs to be replaced between the 15th and 25th year, you will be required to pay a prorated fee equaling 50% of the original purchase price.
The warranty will be void if the mattress has not been used correctly on a supportive and proper functioning base or if it shows any signs of physical damage to the foam that is not consistent with normal wear and tear.
The mattress cover must be in good repair, the outer cover is warrantied for one year.
How Much does the Nolah 12” Signature Mattress Cost?
Nolah claims that they are able to offer a pricing model that is 1/3 of the cost of traditional mattress retailers because they’ve removed middlemen, and are able to pass on tremendous cost-savings to their consumers.
Nolah is running a great promotion by which you can get a nice discount + 2 free pillows by using our coupon code SALE, resulting in these special prices:
|Size||Regular Price||Discounted Price|
Nolah donates part of their profits to Defenders of Wildlife, a national conservation organization.
Nolah Signature 12” Foam Mattress Review – Our Verdict
The mattress itself is extremely versatile, offering the option to customize firmness levels and using patented stay cool foam technology that makes it a winning choice for every sleep position.
And at a refreshingly reasonable price point!
The Nolah Signature 12” foam mattress is poised to be a leading contender in the high-priced, premium mattress game.
Here are a few of the things that we were particularly impressed by:
- Nolah is committed to being ecologically and socially conscious. Donating 7% of their profits to wildlife preservation and donating returned mattresses to local charities, wherever possible.
- All materials are sourced and manufactured right in the United States.
- Patented Cooling AirFoam promises to allow for greater heat dissipation than the leading memory foam.
- The remarkable 120-night trial period is easy to follow and completely risk-free.
- It’s 15-year warranty is refreshingly simply and outpaces the industry standard 10-year warranty. Plus, it offers replacement and repair options for an additional 10 years, without having to buy an extended warranty.
- It ships for free (except in Alaska and Hawaii), via UPS in as little as a week.
- Returns and refunds are easy and uncomplicated.
- Last but not least, we like the price of just $1,299 in Queen with our coupon code SALE
Updated at October 1, 2021
- 1 What Type of Mattress is the Nolah Signature 12”?
- 2 How Firm is the Nolah Signature 12” Mattress? Will I get a Good Night’s sleep?
- 3 What About Motion Transfer? Will I Wake My Partner if I Roll Over?
- 4 Nolah Signature 12” Mattress Layers
- 5 Does the Nolah Signature 12” Mattress Sleep Hot?
- 6 How Long will the Mattress Last?
- 7 Where is the Nolah 12” Signature Mattress Made?
- 8 How is the Mattress Delivered?
- 9 Does the Mattress Smell When New?
- 10 How Big is the Bed? Will it Fit in my Room?
- 11 Does it Need a Foundation or a Bed Frame?
- 12 120-night Trial Period
- 13 Nolah Signature 12” Mattress Warranty
- 14 How Much does the Nolah 12” Signature Mattress Cost?
- 15 Nolah Signature 12” Foam Mattress Review – Our Verdict