Brooklyn Bedding Plank Ratings
- Motion Isolation
- Heat Dispersion
The Plank is an 11" foam bed that delivers an ultra-flatter, firmer, and flippable surface, that creates a neutral spine position which is better for your overall posture, especially for your back.
It offers two different firmness levels, one on each side of the bed, for a highly personalized and flippable sleep.
- Economically priced - Get Queen for just $799
- High quality materials, manufactured in the USA
- Dual-Sided mattress
- 120 night sleep trial and 10 year warranty
- Not a great option for side sleepers
Full Plank Mattress Review
- 1 Brooklyn Bedding Plank Ratings
- 2 What Type of Mattress is the Plank?
- 3 How Firm is it?
- 4 How Many Layers Does the Plank Have?
- 5 Does the Plank Sleep Hot?
- 6 How is Motion Isolation?
- 7 What Type of Cover Does it Have?
- 8 How to Care for The Cover?
- 9 What is the Price of the Plank Mattress?
- 10 Plank Mattress Review – Our Verdict
The Plank is a special foam bed by Brooklyn Bedding that provides a flippable and firmer sleep experience.
It is best suited for sleepers who prefer firm beds or even are used to sleeping on the ground.
In this review, we cover everything you need to know about this bed, and for information about its warranty, shipping, foundation, and sleep trial, you can refer to this page.
What Type of Mattress is the Plank?
The Plank is a dual-sided, firmest memory foam bed by Brooklyn Bedding which is particularly crafted for sleepers who say “firm bed is never firm enough”.
Crafted by the company’s proprietary firmest TitanFlex foam, this bed offers great durability, support, and pressure relief.
It is a unique bed that will appeal to specific sleepers.
However, anyone who is a stomach or back sleeper requiring additional support, will truly appreciate what this bed has to offer.
How Firm is it?
Being a flippable, dual-sided bed, the Plank is focused on offering an option for anyone who prefers a firm or extra firm bed.
The firm side is considered to be medium-firm, scoring a 7 on the firmness scale.
However, this side may still be quite firm for side sleepers, or sleepers seeking a softer to medium feel.
The extra firmer side is considered to be very solid and firm, and scores a 9 on the firmness scale.
If you prefer a solid and flat sleep surface, then this side is certainly for you.
How Many Layers Does the Plank Have?
This 11 inch bed comprises of 4 layers which are as follows:
- Cover Layer: This is a .75 inches of quilted top layer which is extra firm and specially crafted to offer a flat and comfortable sleep surface.
- Second Layer: This is a 2 inches of high density TitanFlex comfort layer which is quite supportive and offers some compression. In addition to this, it provides a firm cushion and also keeps the mattress on denser side at the same time to ensure a less conforming and smooth feel.
- Third Layer: This is a 7 inches of high density core layer that acts as the foundation. It is not only extremely firm but also responsive to the touch. Furthermore, this layer is breathable, thus offering a cooler sleep surface.
- Bottom Layer: This is a 1.5 inches of quilted bottom layer that offers minimal compression. When the bed is flipped, it also acts as the top layer of the ultra-firm sleep experience.
Does the Plank Sleep Hot?
No, the plank bed does not sleep hot!
Though the bed uses a combination of foams that contribute to heat retention, it lacks plushness that helps keep air flowing around the body.
In addition to this, the firm and dense foam layers do not let you sink deep into the bed to build-up too much heat, thus allowing you to sleep cool.
How is Motion Isolation?
The bed fares well in this category and just like any all foam bed, the Plank minimizes motion transfer.
Although the firm foams are resilient enough to offer a tighter surface with some bounce, but the overall foam layers perform well in absorbing excessive movement.
In addition to this, the bed does not add any disruptions while sleeping if you are sharing it with your partner.
What Type of Cover Does it Have?
The mattress has a cotton blend cover with rayon and polyester mixed in it.
The cover of the bed offers a more cushioned feel.
How to Care for The Cover?
You can also spot clean your Plank cover with a mild detergent.
In case of any stains or liquid spills, gently dab the cover with water and detergent.
What is the Price of the Plank Mattress?
The two-sided bed is economically priced, and it is just $799 for a Queen thanks to the current 20%-off promotion.
However, the price differs according to the size of the bed:
|Size||Regular Price||Discounted Price|
Plank Mattress Review – Our Verdict
The Plank is a unique dual-sided 11″ foam bed which is focused on offering firm as well as firmer comfort.
If you are a light sleeper, you may experience slight activity from your partner moving in and out of bed, however, it will be minimal.
In addition to this, the bed is cooler than most of the other similar all foam beds but not quite as cool as most of the other latex or hybrid beds.
Furthermore, the Plan mattress comes with a 120 night sleep trial period, 10 year warranty, and free shipping and returns.
So, if you are seeking a very firm or firm bed at an economical price, then Plank is certainly for you!