Puffy Lux Ratings
- Motion Isolation
- Heat Dispersion
Previously featured on Ellen, the Puffy Mattress company has been making a positive name for themselves with the launch of the popular Lux mattress that promotes a better nights sleep and offers premium quality and comfort.
- Good price - Queen size is offered at just $1,495 + free pillow using our exclusive coupon JULY4
- High quality materials, manufactured in the USA
- 8 times more airflow than regular memory foam
- Advanced temperature regulation
- Young brand (but experienced management)
Comprehensive Puffy Lux Mattress Review
- 1 Puffy Lux Ratings
- 2 Comprehensive Puffy Lux Mattress Review
- 3 What Type of Mattress is the Puffy Lux?
- 4 How Firm is the Mattress? Will I Get a Good Nights Sleep?
- 5 What About Motion Transfer? Will I Wake My Partner If I Roll Over?
- 6 How Are the Puffy Lux Layers?
- 7 Does the Puffy Lux Sleep Hot?
- 8 Puffy Lux Longevity: How Long will the Mattress Last?
- 9 Where are Puffy Mattresses Made?
- 10 How Big is the Bed? Will it Fit in My Room?
- 11 Does it Need a Foundation or a Bed Frame?
- 12 Puffy Warranty
- 13 How Much does the Bed Cost?
- 14 Does this Mattress Smell Bad?
- 15 Puffy Lux Mattress Review – Our Verdict
The Puffy Lux mattress is the second mattress product made by Puffy.
Relatively new to the direct-to-consumer market, Puffy has experienced monumental growth and shows no indication of slowing down any time soon.
The latest in their mattress line up, the thick Puffy Lux, is the upgraded version of the popular Puffy mattress.
The second-generation Lux boasts an extra layer of Plush Cloud Foam resting below Cooling Cloud Foam to provide added comfort and cooling.
Besides being a noteworthy and recognizable brand, Puffy also endeavors to do good in the communities they serve.
One way is through their ‘Jump for Kids’ donation program where consumers can donate mattresses to children who need them.
This luxury version of the original is touted as being “a side sleepers dream.”
In fact, the body-contouring properties the mattress provides offers both comfort and support for sleepers in all positions.
What Type of Mattress is the Puffy Lux?
The Puffy Lux memory foam mattress features a medium-soft to medium feel.
It is available direct from the manufacturers website and comes in sizes Twin through to California King.
Manufactured in the USA, the mattress is constructed using multiple layers of high-quality memory foam and provides maximum comfort for side and back sleepers.
Like all Puffy-branded products, the Lux comes with a 101 Night Sleep Trial, along with Puffy’s promise: If you don’t absolutely fall in love with sleep again, return if free for a full refund.
How Firm is the Mattress? Will I Get a Good Nights Sleep?
Considered to be a medium firm mattress, the Lux contours around the body and Cooling Cloud Foam contributes to the overall comfort level.
The mattress delivers an authentic memory foam feel with just the right amount of pressure relief.
Sleepers of all positions speak favorably of the Lux; however, side sleepers noted the best reviews.
Comparatively similar to the original Puffy mattress, the upgraded version boasts two additional inches of foam and a slightly firmer feel.
The Cooling Cloud Foam top layer is also designed to relieve pressure and better distribute weight.
Whereas the lower layer of Plush Cloud Foam allows for optimal sinkage without compromising muscle and limb support.
If you are someone who suffers from aches or stiffness throughout the night, the Puffy Lux might be exactly what you are looking for.
What About Motion Transfer? Will I Wake My Partner If I Roll Over?
Motion transfer is often a minimal concern with memory foam mattresses, because they absorb motion rather than transfer it.
Rated as a ‘deluxe’ mattress, the Lux is crafted using multiple layers of high-quality memory foam – almost completely eradicating the potential for motion transference.
The mattress comes with a strong, dense base layer that provides maximum stability, while the top layer is designed to provide comfort and support while absorbing motion.
All in all, it is the ideal sleep solution for anyone who moves around a lot during the evening (or has a restless partner).
How Are the Puffy Lux Layers?
According to the website, the Lux mattress offers more layers and greater temperature regulation than the original.
The four distinct foam layers are discussed below:
- Top Layer: It is made up of 3 inches of unique “Cooling Cloud Foam”. By utilizing the unique technology of convection and conduction, it keeps the temperature from rising. This layer is also suffused with cooling gel to draw heat away from the body, in order to build up a cooler sleep surface. This gel suffused foam has 8 times more flow of air, thus allowing you to enjoy your slumber instead of waking up sticky. Also, it feels quite similar to that of memory foam but it is unlike most of the other memory foams as it does not retain heat. However, it molds to your body in all the appropriate places, just like a true memory foam feel, thus offering support as well as comfort.
- Plush Cloud Foam: This is an exclusive layer to the Lux bed as it takes your comfort from good to wonderful. This 1.5″ layer not only focuses on optimal comfort but also maximum pressure relief. It aids your body into complete rejuvenation that is well supported and balanced no matter what position you rest in. In addition to this, the layer adapts to any type of body, offers tension relief on aching muscles and joints, and also provides a luxurious feel.
- Climate-Adaptive Regulation Foam: This third layer is a 2″ unique foam layer that utilizes temperature as well as humidity resistant materials that help t0 mitigate climatic changes that hamper a restful night’s sleep.
- Firm Core Support Foam: This is a 6″ dense support foam layer that not only serves as the foundation but also provides maximum support as well as consistent durability for every type of body. It acts as a pseudo-foundation for the Lux bed, thus helping to minimize sinkage and keep the bed firm. In addition to this, it incorporates Insta-Firm technology that offers 4 times more support as well as 99% more responsiveness as compared to other base foams.
The Puffy Lux also comes with a made-to-suit plush mattress cover to better enhance its luxury look and feel.
Does the Puffy Lux Sleep Hot?
Some people shy away from buying mattresses made entirely of memory foam because of the tendency for them to sleep hot.
The designers at Puffy kept that in mind when designing the Lux and its predecessor.
In fact, studies have proven that it provides airflow at eight times the rate of conventional memory foam – making it one of the Best in Class.
The gel-infused layer boosts temperature regulation by dispersing heat instead of allowing it to build up in the core of the mattress.
This means that there is low likelihood of you waking up a hot, sweaty mess because of a warm mattress that can’t dissipate heat.
Overall, the Puffy Lux is one of the best rated memory foam mattresses in terms of maintaining reasonable and comfortable sleeping temperatures.
Puffy Lux Longevity: How Long will the Mattress Last?
Similar to most other luxury brand memory foam mattresses on the market, the Lux has an expected life span of 10 years or possibly even longer with proper care.
The company stands behind all of the products they manufacture with a true lifetime warranty.
The warranty covers things like defects ‘during the full period of the original owner’s ownership and use.’
Lifetime warranty means the actual lifetime of the owner – so long as the original owner has the mattress some sort of warranty coverage will be offered.
Where are Puffy Mattresses Made?
Puffy takes great pride in being a 100% All-American company.
Every component used in Puffy branded mattresses is manufactured and assembled right in the United States of America.
How Big is the Bed? Will it Fit in My Room?
With its 12.5 inches, the Puffy Lux mattress is slightly thicker than the original version.
It is available in all of the standard bed sizes; Ranging from Twin to California King.
Measurements are as follows:
- Twin: 35” x 75” x 12”
- Twin XL: 39” x 80” x 12”
- Full: 54” x 75” x 12”
- Queen: 60” x 80” x 12”
- King: 76” x 80” x 12”
- California King: 72” x 84” x 12”
Does it Need a Foundation or a Bed Frame?
While the mattress doesn’t necessarily need a foundation or a bed frame, they are recommended to preserve the quality and comfort level of the bed.
Like many other manufacturers of foam bed products, Puffy sells and supports its own brand of bed frames, foundations, and adjustable beds.
The Puffy Lux mattress is not recommended for use in futons or foldable beds.
Another point worth mentioning is that, while the bed will still function without a bed-frame or foundation, one is required in order to meet the criteria for the warranty.
Puffy offers one of the most impressive warranties in the industry – a true LIFETIME coverage.
The warranty is non transferable and covers against specific defects during the full time of ownership.
During the first ten years of ownership, Puffy will provide a full, no cost replacement in the event of defect.
After the first 10 years, owners have the option of utilizing the ‘Quick Sleep’ program: under this option, owners can elect to pay 50% of the original purchase price to have a new mattress delivered to them – without having to send back the old mattress.
In order to qualify for warranty protection, the following criteria must be met:
- The mattress must be owned by the original purchaser.
- The mattress must have been used on a properly sized base or frame.
- The mattress must not have been burned, misused, or damaged by improper use.
The warranty only applies to mattresses sold and used inside the United States.
How Much does the Bed Cost?
The Puffy Lux mattress is currently sold by Amazon as well, but you should buy it directly from Puffy.com as you can get our special discount.
Here are the current prices, including the discount of $300 + free pillow you will get by using our exclusive coupon code JULY4 at checkout:
|Size||Regular Price||Discounted Price|
Puffy offers free delivery within the United States, with most products arriving directly to your door in as little as 2 to 5 business days.
The mattress will ship in a single box, meaning that it will be quite heavy and some assistance might be required to move it from the door to the bedroom.
Does this Mattress Smell Bad?
Surprisingly, there is minimal ‘off gassing’ reported by those who have ordered and received the Lux.
This is said to be because of the high quality materials used and because the quick and efficient delivery process cuts down on the shipping time – reducing the heavy plastic smell.
Still, if you are particularly sensitive to scents, you might want to open a window for the first couple of hours while the mattress settles.
Puffy Lux Mattress Review – Our Verdict
As far as luxury mattresses go, the Puffy Lux – despite being newer to the market – rivals many of the big name players in the industry.
The company has taken great strides to contribute to the American economy and to give back through their charitable donation programs.
The Lux mattress is specially designed to provide comfort and support to sleepers of all positions, while better regulating temperatures and completely removing the problems associated with motion transfer.
What really makes this mattress outstanding is the 101 night trial sleep period and the true lifetime warranty that extends far beyond the initial ten year period.
For all these reasons, we feel that the current price tag of $1,495 is quite right for the Puffy Lux mattress, also in comparison of its competitors.