- Motion Isolation
- Heat Dispersion
The Vaya Mattress provides sleepers pure comfort with a simple two-layer design, contouring to a sleeper’s body to wick away warm air. Vaya keeps the design basic to maintain a price most can afford.
- Quality, innovative materials
- Excellent price - Get the Queen size for just $595
- Free shipping
- 100-night trial period
- 10-year warranty
- Only one mattress model offered
- Not available in mattress retailers—no opportunity to try before buying
Full Vaya Mattress Review
- 1 Vaya Ratings
- 2 What Type of Mattress is the Vaya?
- 3 How is the Mattress Structured?
- 4 Does the Vaya Mattress Sleep Hot?
- 5 Where is the Mattress Manufactured?
- 6 How Big is the Mattress?
- 7 What is the Mattress’s Weight Limit?
- 8 Can I Sleep on the Vaya Mattress Immediately?
- 9 Does it Need a Foundation or a Bed Frame?
- 10 The 100-Night Risk-Free Trial
- 11 Vaya Mattress Warranty
- 12 How Do I Care for the Vaya Mattress?
- 13 How Much Does the Vaya Mattress Cost?
- 14 Vaya Mattress Review – Our Verdict
This review studies the Vaya Mattress, a bed made to offer a balance of bouncy support, pressure relief, and cooling features at an affordable cost.
Mattresses are often one of the more expensive purchases we make, as many cost more than $1000, often because of unneeded features.
That is why Vaya promises a comfortable mattress for a modest price.
The Vaya Mattress is currently available only on Amazon.com, with free shipping.
What Type of Mattress is the Vaya?
The Vaya Mattress is an all-foam mattress
designed to let every type of sleeper rest comfortably.
The foam absorbs motion yet has a bit of bounce to it.
It molds to your body for cooling pressure relief and is responsive enough to keep you lifted in healthy alignment.
How is the Mattress Structured?
A Vaya Mattress has a simple design of two foam layers in a breathable cover.
- The comfort layer is 3 inches of Vaya Foam, a latex-like material less dense than traditional memory foam. It contours to the body to relieve pressure points but is adaptable enough to prevent you from feeling “stuck” in the mattress.
- The base layer is 9 inches of high-density foam to evenly distribute your weight across the mattress and protect against premature sagging.
The soft cover is a blend of rayon, spandex, and polyester.
Does the Vaya Mattress Sleep Hot?
The engineers designed every layer specifically for breathability:
- The cover’s weave promotes airflow.
- Vaya Foam is lighter than memory foam, retaining far less heat.
- The base foam has an open-cell structure to improve airflow.
The combination of these features make this mattress cooler than other mattresses in this category.
Where is the Mattress Manufactured?
Vaya manufactures its mattresses here in the U.S. to ensure higher quality standards and for quicker shipping.
Their headquarters is also located in the U.S., specifically in Arizona.
How Big is the Mattress?
A Vaya Mattress currently comes in the six standard US sizes.
|Twin||38” by 74”||54 pounds|
|Twin XL||38” by 80”||68 pounds|
|Full||54” by 75”||78 pounds|
|Queen||60” by 80”||78 pounds|
|King||76” by 80”||93 pounds|
|California King||72” by 84”||93 pounds|
All models are 12 inches thick and compressed for easy delivery in a box at your doorstep.
What is the Mattress’s Weight Limit?
The Vaya Mattress can comfortably accommodate sleepers up to 300 pounds.
Can I Sleep on the Vaya Mattress Immediately?
The mattress is ready for you to sleep on in as little as 4 hours after unboxing, although it takes 24 hours for the bed to finish expanding completely.
Does it Need a Foundation or a Bed Frame?
The Vaya Mattress can be kept on a mattress foundation, slatted bed frame, or adjustable base.
We highly recommend using a solid or slatted mattress foundation, as keeping your mattress on the floor can expose it to dirt, dust, and pests.
The floor can also restrict airflow, which may allow moisture to accumulate, resulting in the growth of mold and mildew.
In case you prefer the flexibility of an adjustable bed, we highly recommend the Amerisleep Adjustable Bed+.
The 100-Night Risk-Free Trial
As part of the company’s “Pure Comfort Promise,” every customer can try out the Vaya Mattress for 100 nights, risk-free.
Your sleep may improve in as little as a couple of nights, but some people may need to give themselves a full month to adjust to the mattress.
We all grow used to our beds, even as they wear out, so our bodies may need ample time to get used to a new, more supportive mattress.
If you’re not satisfied with your mattress, Vaya’s customer service team will issue you a full refund.
Vaya Mattress Warranty
Every mattress includes a 10-year limited warranty. For your first decade of ownership, you’re protected against manufacturing defects, including sagging greater than 0.75 inches.
Sagging impacts a mattress’s comfort and support, and the more the mattress sags, the more likely you are to wake up in pain.
Many mattress companies only cover sagging greater than 2 inches—you would likely have many painful mornings before such a company would replace your mattress.
How Do I Care for the Vaya Mattress?
Preventive measures are one of the best to care for your mattress, so be sure to encase it in a waterproof mattress protector.
You should remove this protector and wash it around every two months.
Changing your bedding as often as once a week prevents bacteria, dead skin cells, and dust from collecting on top of your Vaya mattress.
Washing your bedding in hot water will do a more thorough killing of dust mites than washing it on cold.
Vacuuming your mattress will also keep it free of dirt, dust, and other debris: don’t just vacuum the top of your mattress, get into its crevices and run the vacuum brush over the sides and bottom.
If you need to remove a spot from the cover, just use warm water with a very mild detergent, like we describe in our mattress cleaning guide.
How Much Does the Vaya Mattress Cost?
Vaya aims to provide pure comfort at a fair price.
Mattresses are shipped directly from the company to the customer, cutting out mattress stores that would hike up the prices.
All Vaya Mattresses are under $800, with single sleeper mattresses costing less than $500.
These prices are an especially good deal considering all Vaya Mattresses are 12 inches thick—many inexpensive beds are thinner than 10 inches and break down sooner.
The following is the price list as of today:
Vaya Mattress Review – Our Verdict
- motion isolation
- contouring pressure relief
Its foams offer something different from standard memory foam, with a floaty, airy feel to keep you cool as it conforms to you and relieves pressure.
To summarize, what we like most about the Vaya Mattress is its:
- Unique Vaya Foam providing breathable comfort
- Bargain prices, keeping the mattress well within budget
- 100-night sleep trial
- Decade-long warranty that protects you against sagging and other defects
You can buy a Queen-size Vaya mattress for $595.