- Motion Isolation
Solay is a luxurious hybrid mattress that incorporates premium quality foam and Quantum Edge coils system in its construction, thereby offering excellent stability and comfort.
- Good value for your money - Get Queen for just with our coupon
- 101 Risk Free Night Sleep Trial
- Cutting-edge technology and premium quality materials
- 15 year limited warranty
- Slight off-gassing
Full Solay Mattress Review
- 1 What Type of Mattress is the Solay?
- 2 How Firm is the Solay Hybrid Mattress?
- 3 How Many Layers Does it Have?
- 4 How is Motion Transfer with the Solay Mattress?
- 5 Does it Sleep Hot?
- 6 Does it Have any Smell?
- 7 Does it Need a Base?
- 8 What Type of Cover Does the Solay Mattress Have?
- 9 How to Care for your Solay Mattress?
- 10 Durability
- 11 Size and Shipping for Solay Mattresses
- 12 101 Night Sleep Trial
- 13 Solay Hybrid Mattress Warranty
- 14 How Much Does the Solay Mattress Cost?
- 15 Solay Mattress Review- Our Verdict
Solay Sleep is one of the newest online-only bedding companies. The company sells online only and manufactures all its mattresses in the US.
Tyler Smith, the co-founder of the mattress, believes that a restful night’s sleep is important for a happier, healthier life.
Thus, Solay uses customer feedback along with the latest technological research to build as well as improve its sleep solutions.
The company excels in its manufacturing process, and its objective is to bring an exclusive mattress to the market that has a lot of support and comfort to offer.
For that purpose, the company has crafted a hybrid mattress that is tailored to fit every sleeper.
What Type of Mattress is the Solay?
Solay is a hybrid bed that is built using premium quality materials and advanced technology. It has a sleek design along with a velvety touch.
The combination of coils system and memory foam will easily relieve any pressure point, especially in the back and the hips. Thus, you will be able to fall asleep instantly, thereby experiencing deep, restful sleep.
How Firm is the Solay Hybrid Mattress?
The mattress comes in at a 6.5 on 10, which is a medium-firm level on the firmness scale.
Although the mattress is partially made up of foam, but the coils system gives excellent bounciness and support to the mattress, thereby making it quite stable.
In addition to this, the foam on top offers a nice, soft feeling, but it won’t let you sink in it, which is why it is quite comfortable for back or stomach sleepers as it offers a lot of support to such sleepers.
Furthermore, you won’t feel as if your hips are being stuck in the bed.
How Many Layers Does it Have?
- Top Layer – Beneath the cover of the mattress, there is a 1″ of cooling gel foam. It draws heat away from the body and provides immediate relief from stress and fatigue. Additionally, this responsive foam relieves pressure on your joints without making you feel stuck and contributes to the overall comfort and softness of the bed.
- Second Layer – It is a 2″ of Energex Foam layer. This layer helps in mitigating motion transfer and does a great job at it, thereby allowing you to sleep comfortably. With that being said, if you sleep with a partner and they tend to move around a lot while sleeping, then you won’t be disturbed at all. Consequently, you can enjoy a peaceful slumber while sharing your bed.
- Third Layer – It is the support layer of the mattress and comes above the coils. It is specially designed to relieve the pressure points. Also, it is quite efficient in relieving any pressure for stomach and back sleepers.
- Fourth Layer – It is a 6″ layer which is made up of steel spring coils, known as the Quantum Edge coils and each coil is individually pocketed. This layer is specially designed to provide additional support for the entire body by smoothly contouring it, especially the bulkier parts that require more pressure relief. In addition to this, the coils system allows air to flow freely within the layers, thereby balancing the temperature while you have a cool night of sleep.
- Foundation Layer – The final layer is the mattress’s base which is made of 1″ thick, dense foundational foam. It contributes to the overall support, and also offers stability and durability.
How is Motion Transfer with the Solay Mattress?
The mattress performs perfectly well when it comes to isolating motion, and you can be assured that you will get proper rest.
The pocketed coils as well as the memory foam are excellent at minimizing motion transfer.
Having proper motion isolation is very essential when you share your bed with your sleeping partner. So, if you are one of those people who tend to move around a lot during your sleep, then you must try this option.
Because Solay is a hybrid mattress, it won’t let you sink into it, and thus, it will provide great support for your body. This is quite essential if you tend to sleep on your stomach or back as your hips will be supported completely.
Also, you will feel lower pressure in your back and shoulders, and you won’t feel as if you are stuck in the bed.
Furthermore, the springs at the mattress periphery enhance its edge support. Therefore, the mattress ensures a peaceful rest even if you share your bed with a partner.
Does it Sleep Hot?
The construction of the Solay mattress is such that it enables more air to pass through the layers, and as a result, the temperature is perfectly balanced all the time.
The mattress is made up of new-age cooling technology as well as breathable foam that helps to keep your sleep surface cool all night long.
Thus, due to the pocketed coils system and the top cooling gel foam, the mattress will keep you entirely cool throughout the night.
In addition to this, the Quantum Edge coils system of the mattress has been successfully tested, and it showed about 30% better results as compared to the other mattresses, no matter if they are an innerspring or an all-foam.
Does it Have any Smell?
You will notice a bit of odor when unrolling the mattress as it is very tightly compressed and packed which may not allow free flow of air, thereby making noxious smells more prominent initially.
However, once you let it air out and dissipate for some hours, you should certainly be good to go. If you are more sensitive to odors, then leaving a window open can be quite helpful.
Does it Need a Base?
A lot of mattresses require a specific platform to be placed on, however, the Solay mattress is adaptable as well as flexible, and it can fit any of your existing bed frames easily.
You may easily put your Solay mattress on your existing platform as it is designed to fit any solid platform, an adjustable base, or can even be placed directly on the floor – all of them will match perfectly well with the Solay bed.
What Type of Cover Does the Solay Mattress Have?
The layers of the mattress are wrapped up in a cooling TENCEL cover which is made out of eucalyptus fibers that give a smooth and silky feeling to the touch, and also help in the overall temperature regulation.
The TENCEL fabric has been in use by some innovative players in the mattress industries for a while now, as it provides sensible cooling.
The fabric cover is breathable, soft, as well as hygienic.
Additionally, the cover gives the Solay mattress a luxurious look and it is way more absorbent than cotton.
How to Care for your Solay Mattress?
It is simple and easy to maintain the Solay mattress. The company recommends the use of a mattress protector in order to keep the mattress clean and dirt-free.
Furthermore, in order to get rid of any stains you just need to run your mattress through spot cleaning with water and mild soap, to find it spotless, fresh, and hygienic always.
The structure of the mattress is durable, and the foundation foam forms a sturdy base.
In addition to this, the edge coils prevent sagging, and the 6 Pocketed Steel Spring Coils are flexible as well as durable.
All these factors ensure the longevity of the Solay mattress.
Size and Shipping for Solay Mattresses
The company ships their mattress for free within the United States, and the package will be delivered to your home address. It is delivered 3 to 7 days after you place your order.
The mattress does not take too long to expand, however, giving it a few hours to not only breathe but also completely expand will be beneficial.
After few hours, you will be able to sleep on it.
101 Night Sleep Trial
The company offers you a risk-free sleep trial of 101 nights.
During this time, you will be able to try the mattress at the comfort of your home and see if it is the right match for you. However, if you are still unhappy with the new bed, you can return the mattress for a full refund.
However, this policy applies to the original purchaser of Solay from their official website only. After you initiate a return, they will cover the cost of return, but only if it is in the USA.
Solay Hybrid Mattress Warranty
The mattress is covered by a 15 Year Full Replacement Limited Warranty. This implies that for 15 years after you purchase your new bed, when it has a defect covered under the warranty, the company will replace or repair it. This includes all parts of the bed determined to have a defect.
Additionally, the warranty is valid only for the original purchaser from the original purchase date of the original mattress purchased from Solay, LLC and is also non-transferable.
If the original purchaser of the mattress sells or otherwise relinquishes ownership of the bed to another, the subsequent owner accepts the mattress “as is” and “with all faults.”
- Deterioration of the mattress resulting in a visible indentation greater than one inch that is not associated with an indentation or sag as a result of an improper or unsupportive foundation or base. Normal wear requires that a purchaser’s mattress be continuously supported by a matching, solid foundation, base, or frame substantial enough to support the mattress and occupant(s).
- Any physical flaw in the craftsmanship of the mattress that causes permanent damage to the foam or springs despite proper set-up and normal use.
- Any physical flaw in the craftsmanship of the cover, including seams and zipper assembly. Solay may, at its own option, repair or replace the cover provided on the mattress. In the event that Solay replaces the mattress cover, the company will replace it with the current style of cover available for the mattress, which may be of a different design, color, or material than the original cover provided.
The Limited Warranty does not cover the following:
- A normal increase in softness of the foam which is normal and does not affect the pressure-relieving quality of the mattress.
- Comfort preference.
- Physical abuse or damage to the structure and / or cover material, including but not limited to, burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage & stains, or soiling.
- Damage from using an improper bed frame, foundation, platform bed, or adjustable base.
- Product sold by resellers who are not authorized retailers.
- Product sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the product is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by another consumer.
How Much Does the Solay Mattress Cost?
For the components, the support ,and comfort as well as many benefits of this mattress, the price tag is right on par.
Solay Mattress Review- Our Verdict
Solay understands the relevance of sound sleep and considers quality mattress’s, a basic necessity of life.
Thus, the company uses cutting-edge technology and superior quality materials to bring the customers the most rejuvenating rest.
In addition to this, the mattress offers solid support on the surface as well as on the edges.
However, when sitting on the edges, there is a slight compression which is due to the top foam layer.
But, you can certainly feel the support of the coils system which will keep you on the mattress rather than let you sink completely into it.
The Solay mattress comes with 101 risk-free trial nights and a 15-year limited warranty so you may return your mattress for a full refund within the trial.